ERP Software (Enterprise Resource Planning) System - ERP Software systems typically refer to comprehensive software solutions that includes a wide range of enterprise-class, feature-rich, business solutions that use a building block approach to form a tightly-integrated, front- and back-office business management system.
Complete Form to find more information about ERP Software
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Software
ERP Software Product Brochure
What is ERP Software?
Manufacturing was the original spawning ground of MRP and MRP II which later evolved into the now ubiquitous ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) that we find in virtually every type of corporate entity.
ERP has evolved from a technique to plan dependent demand materials (“Material Requirements Planning” or “MRP”) in the seventies via a coherent set of best practices to plan and control the resources in a manufacturing concern (“MRPII”) in the eighties to “Enterprise Resource Planning” (ERP) software systems in the nineties. Nowadays, ERP is seen as an integrated computer system that powers the business processes of any business, not just manufacturing, via embedded best practices and a unified database.
ERP Software Functionality
- Integrates information across all departments
Flow of Information
- Allows users to input data in one location that can be processed with other data and accessed as informational reports in real-time
- Facilitates the flow of information between the different functions and processes of an enterprise
- Functions: manufacturing, finance, HR, sales and distribution, material management, logistics
- Processes: order entry, reporting, receiving, shipping, accounting
- Tracks a wide range of events in the enterprise in an integrated fashion
NINE ERP Software Components
- Supports analysis of trends, to improve the performance of the enterprise.
There are many different ERP software systems on the market and each is configured differently in terms of modules and major elements. We present the following nine components as characteristic of any modern ERP system:
Find out more about ERP Software by downloading the ERP Software PDF!
- Financials & Accounting Software
- Human Resources
- Sale and Distribution
- Materials Management
- Business Rules